NOTE: Not compatible with Maya 2014 yet, working on an update!
This is the public version of my pipeline tool for Maya, Sunday Pipeline (Maya) – SPM, I have been working on for quite some time now. It’s used In-House at Sunday Animation Studio (Sunday) as describe here.
Sunday Pipeline is tightly integrated into Maya and the workflow at Sunday, it overwrites and adds a lot of stuff that other studios or individuals would not agree on. So the public edition only contains, for now, separate tools that should be production proven (I hope). As things progress in the in-house version some tools and features will spill off unto the public version at the pace I and Sunday feel is right. The in-house version also contains 3. party scripts and plugins that has been modified, but can’t be released without the original authors approval.
Sunday Pipeline (Maya) Public – SPMP.
So this is the initial release. Note that this blog page on 3DG.DK will be the official way to get SPMP.
SPMP is not opensource or holds any other licenses other that it’s a commercial product that should be respected as such. Some of the scripts and plugins is running directly from source code so it’s easier for others to customize or change as they feel. But please respect my work and Sundays decision to give back to the community so give credit if it’s seems right and please notify me if your studio or company is using this toolset so I can make a cool “Used By” logo splash.
Automatic Download and Install (recommended)
The download and installation process should be very easy – you don’t have to download anything or rearrange/copy files to get it to work. The download, installation and setup all happens at once when you run the following code from inside maya.
To download and install: Open Maya, copy and paste the code below into the Script Editor “Python” tab and run it.
NOTE: Not compatible with Maya 2014 yet, working on an update!
import tempfile,urllib2,os,imp f=tempfile.gettempdir()+os.sep+'SundayInstallPipelinePublicPy.py' open(f,'wb').write(urllib2.urlopen('http://tinyurl.com/3tkj9l8').read()) imp.load_source('module.name',f).SundayInstallPipeline()
SundayPluginPublic plugin should load automatically and a “Sunday” menu should appear in the top menu bar of Maya.
Manual Download and Install
Download the Plugin- and Pipeline Resources zip files. Extract the plugins to mayas plug-in folder. Extract the pipeline resources file anywhere you’ll like.
Note: I haven’t done anything to make the auto-update feature work when doing a manual install – so it’s not recommended to auto-update when a new version when it’s out. I strongly recommend using the Automatic Install and Update when possible
Sunday Pipeline Plugin(s) zip file
Sunday Pipeline Resources zip file (scripts, icons, QT ui. etc)
Change the configuration in the SundayPluginPublic.py plugin so that the sundayInstallPath (below) points to the Pipeline Resource directory. Load the SundayPluginPublic plugin – A “Sunday” menu should appear in the top menubar of Maya.
# Windows Configuration Example sundayInstallPath = 'c:/Documents and Settings/user/My Doucments/maya/SundayPipeline' # Mac/Linux Configuration Example sundayInstallPath = '~/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/SundayPipeline'
Change log – 2012.1 (Release pending)
- Core rewrite and cleanup
- Sunday Plugin System
- Configuration files – nothing is stored in Maya prefs anymore
- Central configuration support – shared configuration over network etc.
- API and documentation for 3. party Sunday Plugin development
- Shader- and textureliner tools
- Some tools is now a Sunday Plugin + some new smaller tools
- Indepth test on all platforms (Linux and Windows has been neglected in earlier versions, not anymore)
- Prepared network core for MayaNuke interloop coming this summer – along with first Sunday Pipeline (Nuke)
- Many bug fixes and much more…
- Bigger, faster, stronger
Change log – 0.6
- Plus Save Tool
- Asset Export Tool
- Geometry Cache Tool
- Install script update (better plug-in path retrieval)
- Warehouse Mental Ray Shader Issues fixed
- Various bug fixes
Change log – 0.5
- Mental Ray Contribution Pass Tool
- Warehouse Browser Docked Option
- Warehouse Browser Rename Asset
- Warehouse Browser Asset Caption Below Icon Option
- Warehouse Browser Refresh and Load At Current/Last Category and Type
- Warehouse Browser Reference and Import Namespace Bugfix
- Warehouse Browser Don’t Show Assets If “Type” is Invalid Fix
- Warehouse Browser Ignore Version Option
- Maya To After Effects Camera Keys Bug Fix
- HotKey: Disable Hotbox
Change log – 0.4
- Maya To After Effects Export Tool
- Warehouse Create “Post Import Script” option
- Warehouse Browser “Run Post Import Script” option
- Warehouse Only export shader fixed
- Warehouse Only import shader texture path fixed (Set Texture Path To Project)
- Warehouse Windows backslash path now acceptable in the Warehouse setup
- 3 Small Project Functions:
- Set Project and Open Scene (Browse to Maya Scene file and sets the path the correct project/workspace before opening the scene)
- Set Project from Scene (Set the Project/Workspace to the current open scene)
- Reveal Project (Opens the project/workspace in the Finder/Explorer/”Linux Equal”)
Change log – 0.3
- New Animation Tools: Locator, Controller and Between Tools
- Warehouse Create Export to Binary and Ascii
- Warehouse Create Export and View Collada (.dae) file option
- Warehouse Browser Reference option
- Warehouse Browser View Collada (.dae) File on right click
- Warehouse Browser Reveal Asset on right click
- Warehouse Browser Open Original on right click
- Warehouse Browser Refersh
- General Warehouse bug fixes, mostly on Windows
- 3 Channelbox Menu Items Added: Clone Name, Clone Value and Move Attribute to Bottom
- Pipeline Help Menu Item Added
- View “Change Log” when updating, available on next update
Change log – 0.2
- Installs and loads on OSX 10.6.8/10.7 and Windows XP, Maya 2012, 2011.5 and 2011
- Settings UI fixed on Windows
- Windows now opens a window at 100x100px from top left corner (looking in to how to retain without the risk of window floating off screen)
- Font issues fixed on Windows
- Reveal Warehouse now works on Windows and Linux (Linux needs to be tested)
- View icon now works on all platforms (uses Maya default image previewer)
- Information | Nodes now works on Windows
- Warehouse Create no longer fails when Warehouse path is not set
- Viewport icon set to 512×512 (was 256×256 before)
Initial release – 0.1
- Early beta version with limited toolset
- Easy installation and update from online source
- Warehouse Tools (Browser and Create)
- Should work on Linux but hasn’t been tested (please feedback)
Known issues, bugs and limitations
- Installation throws some python warning. Nothing to worry about
- Between Tool is a bit buggy if name clashes is found in the scene
- Only supports Maya 2011 and newer (Maya with QT UI)
01 | Warehouse
02 | Animation Tools
Video and Tutorials
01 | Installation and Warehouse usage video
02 | Animation Tools usage
Feedback and additional information
If you have any question, feedback or have a feature request don’t hesitate to contact me or post a comment. Requested features will be implemented if I have the time and Sunday sees a production value in it – otherwise I or Sunday Studio is available to hire for custom tools.